Abonnez-vous!

Gluten-free bagels!

Rendez-vous sur Hellocoton !
And my 1st ever blog post in english! I've been more and more in contact lately with english speaking bloggers or english speaking people who like my photos but couldn't figure out what was in my recipes. So I decided it was about time that I shared with the rest of the world ;-)

I'll be blogging from now on in both french and english. I'll be publishing, for each recipe, two blog posts, one in french and one in english.




Today's recipe is one of my biggest pleasures. Since I've started my gluten-free diet, I've had to quit some of my favourite food, like bagels, because it's pretty hard to find in stores the gluten-free alternative (for those who don't know them, bagels are small rounded american breads with a small whole in the middle, soft with a slightly sweet taste).
When I was going through some books I recently bought, I found this recipe in one of Elana Amsterdam's books. She is very well known in the US for her Paleo cooking. n the breakfast section of her book she had made gluten-free bagels... Mouthwatering! I couldn't wait and I tried them right away. And I loved them!
Hop hop hop, my version of Elana's bagels is right below!





Ingredients

1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (or mixed almonds)
1/4 cup golden flax meal (mixed)
2 tbsp buckwheat flour
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
5 large eggs
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an oven pan with vegetable oil. Dust the pan with coconut flour.
Mix all the dry ingredients in a food processor then add the eggs and vinegar. Mix until thoroughly combined.

Place the batter in a pipping bag (or a plastic bag and snip off one corner) and pipe the batter into the prepared pan. Give it a nice round shape and don't forget to leave a small whole in the middle (like donut!)

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes and test with a clean knife if it's cooked. Insert a knife in the center, it should come out clean. Let the bagels cool for one hour before serving.

I've served them topped with goat cheese that I received as a gift from Debbie from Gings Artisan Goats Cheese. I met her at the first Brussels Food Friends event that took place over the week-end (I will be talking more about the BFF in my next blog post). I dressed one of the bagels with the garlic goat cheese, tomatoes, lambs lettuce and pepper and the other one with a much gentle goat cheese, strawberries and rucola. A treat!

What kind of sandwiches do you prefer? The soft bagel or you're more of a crusty french baguette? Tell me in the comments below!

Enjoy!







Aucun commentaire :

Enregistrer un commentaire

Laissez-moi un commentaire, ça fait toujours plaisir!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails